Private: Full Stack/Technical Lead Developer
Cambridge-MA – Work will be on site after Pandemic
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer/Technical Lead (currently remote until office in Cambridge, MA re-opens) to support the development of Air Traffic Management (ATM) concepts and systems aiming at increasing the capacity and efficiency of National Airspace System (NAS). Our team specializes in planning, researching, testing, and evaluating the Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen). Our work helps the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) improve safety, alleviate air traffic congestion, and mitigate environmental impacts. The selected candidate will join a dynamic multidisciplinary team operating in an agile and fast paced environment and utilizing state-of-the-art technologies (e.g.: cloud, big data). Candidate must be clearable for a position of public trust.
Essential Job Functions:
- The selected candidate will design, develop, and maintain web-based applications, web-based geospatial services, and tools supporting Air Traffic Management Systems.
- The candidate will analyze requirements and use cases, design, develop, code, unit/integration test work products, and support deployment activities.
- The candidate will also participate in peer reviews of software designs and operational code as needed.
- The candidate will design and implement data-centered analytics systems, working closely with customers, users, and software engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, software engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience developing enterprise level systems including:
- Docker container development
- Cloud (AWS or AZURE) and on premise deployment
- Dev Ops
- Databases including NoSQL (e.g.: PostGres, MongoDB, MySQL, HBase, Oracle)
- Ability to obtain a Department of Transportation security clearance which requires a permanent residency or US citizenship
- Familiar with agile/scrum development methodologies.
- Familiar with Openshift
- Experience with cloud and virtualization technology (e.g.: AWS), AWS certification would be a plus
- Experience developing geospatial web based software applications (e.g.: GeoServer) and programming with Python to automate geospatial tasks.
- Familiarity with application security and secure development best practices.
- Experience with version control tools (e.g.: Git, SVN, Bamboo).
- Processing of XML data sets
- Air Traffic Management domain knowledge.